Boy reportedly approached by stranger during recess
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Parents are being cautioned about a case of stranger danger near a Fort Bend ISD elementary school.
The prinical of Austin Parkway Elementary School sent a letter to parents on Wednesday, making them aware of an incident that happened last week that was just reported to the authorities. A first grader told school officials that he was approached during recess by a man who then reportedly made inappropriate contact with the student.
The Fort Bend ISD Police Department is investigating and has contacted the Sugar Land Police Department regarding the incident.
The FBISD Police Department has added patrols around the campus as a precaution, and additional staff will be on duty during all recesses. The letter reminds parents to discuss personal safety with students and encourage them to report any incidents to an adult immediately.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck 52 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 8 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 10 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 1 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive