Boy reportedly approached by stranger during recess
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Parents are being cautioned about a case of stranger danger near a Fort Bend ISD elementary school.
The prinical of Austin Parkway Elementary School sent a letter to parents on Wednesday, making them aware of an incident that happened last week that was just reported to the authorities. A first grader told school officials that he was approached during recess by a man who then reportedly made inappropriate contact with the student.
The Fort Bend ISD Police Department is investigating and has contacted the Sugar Land Police Department regarding the incident.
The FBISD Police Department has added patrols around the campus as a precaution, and additional staff will be on duty during all recesses. The letter reminds parents to discuss personal safety with students and encourage them to report any incidents to an adult immediately.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 15 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 45 min ago
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush 3 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?