Man sentenced for attack on elderly war veteran
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The sentence has been determined for the man found guilty of a vicious attack on an elderly war veteran during a home invasion.
On Wednesday a Harris County jury found Charles Turner guilty of aggravated robbery, and on Thursday they determined he should spend 65 years in prison.
Turner was found guilty in the robbery and attack nearly two years ago that cost Korean War veteran Thomas Mixon an eye and his teeth. The possible sentence for aggravated robbery could have been anywhere from five years to life in prison.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 29 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 9 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 39 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse