Galveston buys rights to hit song to promote tourism
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Tourism officials hope a remake of the song 'Galveston' will help attract more visitors to the island.
The Galveston Convention and Visitors Bureau purchased the rights to song made famous by Glen Campbell. It will now be featured in TV, radio and online ads as part of a marketing campaign.
You can watch the full video at this link on YouTube.com
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs 23 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 53 min ago
- Man says found treasure should be his 35 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southsoutheast west Houston 7 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town