Galveston buys rights to hit song to promote tourism
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Tourism officials hope a remake of the song 'Galveston' will help attract more visitors to the island.
The Galveston Convention and Visitors Bureau purchased the rights to song made famous by Glen Campbell. It will now be featured in TV, radio and online ads as part of a marketing campaign.
You can watch the full video at this link on YouTube.com
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 57 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?