Galveston buys rights to hit song to promote tourism
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- Tourism officials hope a remake of the song 'Galveston' will help attract more visitors to the island.
The Galveston Convention and Visitors Bureau purchased the rights to song made famous by Glen Campbell. It will now be featured in TV, radio and online ads as part of a marketing campaign.
You can watch the full video at this link on YouTube.com
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 5 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of women found dumped 1 min ago
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student 27 min ago
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Two sent to hospital after gas leak at HISD middle school 8 min ago
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 35 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born