Pregnant woman loses part of leg in love triangle attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new details in the violent confrontation between two pregnant women. The suspect, Shareyll Hunter, is still at large, while the woman she's accused of running down remains in the hospital.
The wreckage of Thursday's accident remains a grim reminder of how violent the attack was at the home on Ravensworth at Wembley in southwest Houston. One of the victim's shoes is still sitting atop a pile of bricks which is littered with medical supplies from her emergency care.
"They just don't like each other. I don't know if it's because of me or what," boyfriend Chris Chaney told Eyewitness News. "I mean, I am handsome."
Chaney grinned and bragged Thursday about a fight between his current and former girlfriends -- both are pregnant with his children. But on Friday, the man who called himself a heartbreaker has a different attitude. His sister, Monique Walker, said he's not taking the situation well.
"They both know that they have to take it just one day at a time," Walker said.
She says Chaney's current girlfriend, Alise Kelley, 21, had part of her right leg amputated. Walker wasn't sure the extent of the amputation.
"It's a lot of bandages. I don't know," she said. "I just know it's down at the bottom.
Kelley was severely injured Thursday morning when police say Chaney's former girlfriend, Shareyll Hunter, 26, took Chaney's car and rammed Kelley against the wall with it.
Hunter, who is five months pregnant, has been on the run ever since. Kelley, who is four months pregnant, has been at Memorial Hermann hospital undergoing extensive surgery.
"The baby is doing fine," Chaney's mother said. "It's a boy."
Chaney's family members say Kelley is in shock and heavily medicated.
"She's upset but she's not saying too much," Walker said.
Police say they have received tips on Hunter's whereabouts, but they haven't been able to reach her. Chaney adds that she seems to have turned off her phone and he has been unable to speak with her.
local, pooja lodhia
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale