Pregnant woman loses part of leg in love triangle attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new details in the violent confrontation between two pregnant women. The suspect, Shareyll Hunter, is still at large, while the woman she's accused of running down remains in the hospital.
The wreckage of Thursday's accident remains a grim reminder of how violent the attack was at the home on Ravensworth at Wembley in southwest Houston. One of the victim's shoes is still sitting atop a pile of bricks which is littered with medical supplies from her emergency care.
"They just don't like each other. I don't know if it's because of me or what," boyfriend Chris Chaney told Eyewitness News. "I mean, I am handsome."
Chaney grinned and bragged Thursday about a fight between his current and former girlfriends -- both are pregnant with his children. But on Friday, the man who called himself a heartbreaker has a different attitude. His sister, Monique Walker, said he's not taking the situation well.
"They both know that they have to take it just one day at a time," Walker said.
She says Chaney's current girlfriend, Alise Kelley, 21, had part of her right leg amputated. Walker wasn't sure the extent of the amputation.
"It's a lot of bandages. I don't know," she said. "I just know it's down at the bottom.
Kelley was severely injured Thursday morning when police say Chaney's former girlfriend, Shareyll Hunter, 26, took Chaney's car and rammed Kelley against the wall with it.
Hunter, who is five months pregnant, has been on the run ever since. Kelley, who is four months pregnant, has been at Memorial Hermann hospital undergoing extensive surgery.
"The baby is doing fine," Chaney's mother said. "It's a boy."
Chaney's family members say Kelley is in shock and heavily medicated.
"She's upset but she's not saying too much," Walker said.
Police say they have received tips on Hunter's whereabouts, but they haven't been able to reach her. Chaney adds that she seems to have turned off her phone and he has been unable to speak with her.
local, pooja lodhia
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Photos: Jaguars 17, Texans 10 (3) 11 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter 40 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Strong winter storm threatens to paralyze N. Texas 2 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs?
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight 11 min ago
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- Maybe he should have hidden pot elsewhere