HCSO: Deadly shooting leads to parking lot crash in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One man is dead and two suspects are on the run after an argument ended in a shooting in northeast Harris County Friday.
The shooting happened in the parking lot of the Aldine Bender Plaza off Aldine Bender near Lee Road around 6pm. Investigators say the deadly shooting ended with a crash and pile-up early.
Detectives say it all started when the driver of a light-colored Impala and his passenger picked up two guys at the nearby Haverstock Apartments.
"There was some type of altercation in the car and one of the males produced a pistol and shot the driver in the head," Harris County Sheriff's Office Sgt. Ben Beall said.
That shooting happened at the far end of the plaza, in front of the Family Dollar. Investigators say the argument was over drugs. The driver keeled over and lost control of the car.
"He drove across the parking lot, where he crashed into three vehicles in front of the Cricket store," Beall said.
The impact of that crash nearly sent cars plowing through store fronts. A witness in the car goes into the Cricket store and asks manager to call 911, but the driver died at the scene.
"You know it's always problems around here," neighbor China Roberts said.
The homicide scene drew the attention of dozens of neighbors. Many neighbors say they are fed-up with the violence in this area.
"We are ready to move because it's always something going on around in this area, and it's just bad for kids to have to see this," Roberts said.
Family members tell Eyewitness News the victim is 23-year-old Jermaine Goldine.
As for the suspects, deputies say they were last seen running back toward Haverstock Apartments, a place the county has cited in the past for problems including gang activity.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
local, demond fernandez
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos