Houston police: Suspect intentionally hit officer with car as he fled nightclub
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a driver intentionally hit an officer with his car while fleeing from a nightclub overnight in southwest Houston.
Police responded to reports of shots fired at a club on Wilcrest at Harwin around 1:30am.
Officers were walking around the parking lot when a man tried to leave. They tried to stop him, but the man got in his car and allegedly revved his engine before sideswiping an officer.
The impact sent the officer flying over the hood of the man's car and he sped away.
Officers chased the man until he got out of his car and ran. Police called in a helicopter and K-9 unit to search for the suspect. He was arrested a short time later.
A police dog bit the suspect during the arrest, officials said, and he was taken to the hospital.
The officer received minor injuries and is already out of the hospital.
Police say the suspect will be charged with assaulting a police officer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 3 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Police chase emu down I-35 near Austin
- Video: Wade Phillips on life after Kubiak