Houston police: Suspect intentionally hit officer with car as he fled nightclub
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a driver intentionally hit an officer with his car while fleeing from a nightclub overnight in southwest Houston.
Police responded to reports of shots fired at a club on Wilcrest at Harwin around 1:30am.
Officers were walking around the parking lot when a man tried to leave. They tried to stop him, but the man got in his car and allegedly revved his engine before sideswiping an officer.
The impact sent the officer flying over the hood of the man's car and he sped away.
Officers chased the man until he got out of his car and ran. Police called in a helicopter and K-9 unit to search for the suspect. He was arrested a short time later.
A police dog bit the suspect during the arrest, officials said, and he was taken to the hospital.
The officer received minor injuries and is already out of the hospital.
Police say the suspect will be charged with assaulting a police officer.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 27 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 3 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged