Driver killed in crash on Katy Freeway at Mason Road; Motorist at fault admits to drinking
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver who ran a red light last night is blamed for a deadly wreck on the Katy Freeway feeder at Mason Road.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators say a northbound blue Chevrolet pickup truck was speeding in the 1000 block of Mason and ran a red light at the feeder just after 9pm. The truck slammed into a westbound Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota then spun around and struck a Pontiac that was sitting at the red light on Mason.
The driver of the speeding truck and his passenger were not hurt. The driver of the Toyota, identified by HCSO as Michael Bisotooni, died at the scene.
Deputies say the 21-year old driver of the Chevy admitted to having a few beers, but he passed a field sobriety test.
This crash remains under investigation. It's unclear whether the driver at fault will face charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 29 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 45 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 43 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 48 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged