Driver killed in crash on Katy Freeway at Mason Road; Motorist at fault admits to drinking
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver who ran a red light last night is blamed for a deadly wreck on the Katy Freeway feeder at Mason Road.
Harris County Sheriff's Office investigators say a northbound blue Chevrolet pickup truck was speeding in the 1000 block of Mason and ran a red light at the feeder just after 9pm. The truck slammed into a westbound Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota then spun around and struck a Pontiac that was sitting at the red light on Mason.
The driver of the speeding truck and his passenger were not hurt. The driver of the Toyota, identified by HCSO as Michael Bisotooni, died at the scene.
Deputies say the 21-year old driver of the Chevy admitted to having a few beers, but he passed a field sobriety test.
This crash remains under investigation. It's unclear whether the driver at fault will face charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible across Houston area
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 10 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 40 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?