FBI: 'Backpack Bandit' robs Humble bank
HUMBLE, TX (KTRK) -- The FBI needs help identifying a man its nicknamed the "Backpack Bandit" after he robbed an Humble bank with a backpack in tow.
The robbery happened just before 10am at a bank in the 7500 block of FM 1960 East.
Investigators say a man wearing a black and green backpack entered the bank and approached a teller's desk. He took off his backpack and pulled out a threatening note demanding cash. The suspect handed the note to the teller, who complied and gave the suspect an undisclosed amount of cash.
The suspect stuffed the money in the backpack and left the bank running. He was last seen heading south across FM 1960.
No weapon was seen during the robbery, and no one was injured.
The bank robber was described as a black male between the ages of 24 and 27. He's about 5 feet 8 inches tall, and weighs around 200 pounds. He wore black rimmed glasses, a black baseball cap, and a black long-sleeved shirt with black jeans.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000.00 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary 21 min ago
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas 13 min ago
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall 10 min ago
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats