Sugar Land-area subdivision target of as many as 24 break-ins
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Sugar Land-area neighborhood has been the target of as many as 24 burglaries in the last five days, and detectives believe the clue to put an end to the string of crimes may be in your hands.
On Saturday alone, 18 cases of car and home break-ins, as well as criminal trespass, were reported by residents in the New Territory subdivision, according to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office. Three days earlier, detectives were notified of another six car burglaries in the same subdivision.
Some of the streets hit include Morrow Court, Bramlett Court, Twin Valley Drive, Cool Water Court, Heddon Falls, Lakspur Drive, Epperson Way Court, Clarenda Falls Drive, Brobeck Court, Burchton Drive, Chessley Chase Drive, Garrett Way and Whitby Court.
In some cases, the vehicles were unlocked and in others, no property was taken but detectives still plan to pursue criminal trespass charges against the suspect.
Investigators have photos of a person of interest, and they need the public's help identifying him. The photos were captured on March 26 from a camera at the Club at New Territory, located in the 1200 block of Walker School Road.
The person of interest is described as a white or light-skinned male between the age of 16 and 20 years. He is about 5 feet, 10 inches and has a thin build.
Call Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office at 281-341-4665, Fort Bend Crime Stoppers, Inc. at 281-342-TIPS (8477) or text plus the tip to CRIMES (274637). Tips also can be submitted online at www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspects involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
sugar land, local
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 33 min ago
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- Consumer Reports Naughty and Nice list
31 min ago