Fight at Montrose area club ends with shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is recovering in the hospital after he was shot at a Montrose area club last night.
It happened at the 6-11 Club on Hyde Park near Stanford around 10pm.
Investigators say the shooting stemmed from an argument between two people that began earlier in the week. Then last night the two happened to both meet up at the bar.
"It is our understanding that there was an argument earlier in the week and they met up here at the club separately and they didn't realize that they were going to see each other up here," said Sgt. S. Murdock with the Houston Police Department. "And when they got into the club, they realized the other was in there and it started all over again I suppose."
The victim was shot once in the chest and was taken to the hospital. He was listed in guarded but stable condition.
Investigators say they are questioning a person of interest in the case but so far, no word of any arrests.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 40 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 42 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 33 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive