Galveston planning 'Best of the Beaches' exhibit
GALVESTON, TX -- A local city plans to show the best of the strange stuff that washes up on its beaches.
Galveston is putting together an exhibit called "All Time Finds: The Best of the Beaches."
Beach lovers have until Sunday to offer sea glass, shell clusters and other odd driftwood found on the shore.
The Galveston County Daily News reports the artifacts will be part of the city's driftwood festival the weekend of April 19. The event will include an April 21 session with various beach experts to estimate the value of objects.
Festival coordinator and artist Bill Davenport of Houston says everyone appreciates beach combing and the amazing things you can find.
Items are being collected at the Galveston Artist Residency.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 43 min ago
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 17 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 42 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 25 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident