Gastar in acquisition deal with Chesapeake Energy
HOUSTON -- Gastar Exploration Ltd. is buying proven reserves and undeveloped leasehold interests in Oklahoma from Chesapeake Energy Corp. for $75.2 million.
The Houston-based oil and natural gas company on Monday also agreed to repurchase Chesapeake's shares of its stock for $9.8 million and to settle all litigation between the pair.
The acquisition includes 176 producing wells with an estimated present value of proved reserves of $32.4 million. The sites are in Kingfisher and Canadian counties in Oklahoma.
Gastar also agreed to repurchase from Chesapeake about 6.8 million shares of Gastar's stock at $1.44 per share. This is Chesapeake's entire stake in Gastar and is about 9.9 percent of Gastar's total outstanding stock.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'