Gastar in acquisition deal with Chesapeake Energy
HOUSTON -- Gastar Exploration Ltd. is buying proven reserves and undeveloped leasehold interests in Oklahoma from Chesapeake Energy Corp. for $75.2 million.
The Houston-based oil and natural gas company on Monday also agreed to repurchase Chesapeake's shares of its stock for $9.8 million and to settle all litigation between the pair.
The acquisition includes 176 producing wells with an estimated present value of proved reserves of $32.4 million. The sites are in Kingfisher and Canadian counties in Oklahoma.
Gastar also agreed to repurchase from Chesapeake about 6.8 million shares of Gastar's stock at $1.44 per share. This is Chesapeake's entire stake in Gastar and is about 9.9 percent of Gastar's total outstanding stock.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash 7 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Smash and grab burglar targets tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured... 39 min ago
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green
- Most insane job interview ever