Undercover sting operation nets two arrests
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Two people were arrested Thursday when the Richmond Police Department conducted an undercover sting operation targeting convenience store clerks selling alcohol to minors.
Hector Ochoa, 51, of Rosenberg, an employee of the Shell Station located at 1101 Jackson was arrested. In this case, police say the minor purchasing the alcohol was asked for identification but was still allowed to purchase the alcohol, despite the beeping warning which was provided when the clerk scanned the license.
Mohan Singh, 26, of Sugar Land, an employee of JB Food Mart #1 located at 1706 FM 1640 was also arrested. Police say in this case, Singh did not ask the minor for identification.
There were several other locations targeted by the sting operation. However, all individuals attempting to purchase alcohol were asked for their identification and were refused service when found to be under age.
Ochoa and Singh were both charged with sale of alcohol to a minor, a Class A misdemeanor.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area?