Undercover sting operation nets two arrests
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Two people were arrested Thursday when the Richmond Police Department conducted an undercover sting operation targeting convenience store clerks selling alcohol to minors.
Hector Ochoa, 51, of Rosenberg, an employee of the Shell Station located at 1101 Jackson was arrested. In this case, police say the minor purchasing the alcohol was asked for identification but was still allowed to purchase the alcohol, despite the beeping warning which was provided when the clerk scanned the license.
Mohan Singh, 26, of Sugar Land, an employee of JB Food Mart #1 located at 1706 FM 1640 was also arrested. Police say in this case, Singh did not ask the minor for identification.
There were several other locations targeted by the sting operation. However, all individuals attempting to purchase alcohol were asked for their identification and were refused service when found to be under age.
Ochoa and Singh were both charged with sale of alcohol to a minor, a Class A misdemeanor.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck 44 min ago
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Notable events that happened on this date in history 31 min ago
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast 4 min ago
- Pearland mother finalist for 'Unstoppable Mom' contest 19 min ago
- Motorcycle chase ends in fiery crash with patrol vehicle 52 min ago
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets 41 min ago
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a pro 3 min ago
- Avoid baggage fees with packing tips from a...
3 min ago