Pregnant woman wanted in love triangle attack goes before Houston judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in the case of a woman accused of using a car to hit a pregnant woman during a fight. Shareyll Hunter, who had been on the run for a short time after the incident, made her first court appearance overnight.
Hunter didn't show any emotion in court as the charges against her were read.
Hunter is accused of intentionally slamming her car into another pregnant woman during an argument in southwest Houston. The victim, 21-year-old Alise Kelley, was pinned against the wall of a home and nearly crushed.
Kelley is four months pregnant. One of her legs had to be amputated, but her unborn baby is unharmed. Kelley remains hospitalized and could face multiple future surgeries.
The man at the center of the argument is Chris Chaney. Both women are believed to be pregnant by Chaney, but Hunter is his ex-girlfriend and the mother of two of his children, while Kelley, the victim, is his current girlfriend.
Hunter and Kelley have reportedly known each for three years.
Harris County prosecutor Tiffany Dupree said, "The defendant and the complainant both have had relationships with the same person in the past. They got into an argument and had a confrontation and the defendant hit the complainant with a motor vehicle."
Hunter is charged with felony aggravated assault using a deadly weapon. She also faces a charge for failure to identify. Her bond is set at $30,000.
local, katie mccall
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course