Pregnant woman wanted in love triangle attack goes before Houston judge
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There are new developments in the case of a woman accused of using a car to hit a pregnant woman during a fight. Shareyll Hunter, who had been on the run for a short time after the incident, made her first court appearance overnight.
Hunter didn't show any emotion in court as the charges against her were read.
Hunter is accused of intentionally slamming her car into another pregnant woman during an argument in southwest Houston. The victim, 21-year-old Alise Kelley, was pinned against the wall of a home and nearly crushed.
Kelley is four months pregnant. One of her legs had to be amputated, but her unborn baby is unharmed. Kelley remains hospitalized and could face multiple future surgeries.
The man at the center of the argument is Chris Chaney. Both women are believed to be pregnant by Chaney, but Hunter is his ex-girlfriend and the mother of two of his children, while Kelley, the victim, is his current girlfriend.
Hunter and Kelley have reportedly known each for three years.
Harris County prosecutor Tiffany Dupree said, "The defendant and the complainant both have had relationships with the same person in the past. They got into an argument and had a confrontation and the defendant hit the complainant with a motor vehicle."
Hunter is charged with felony aggravated assault using a deadly weapon. She also faces a charge for failure to identify. Her bond is set at $30,000.
local, katie mccall
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos