Pearland police searching for armed man who robbed Comfort Suites
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- Pearland police are searching for an armed man who robbed a hotel over the weekend.
On March 30 at around 4am, Pearland police say officers were dispatched to the Comfort Suites located at 2806 Miller Ranch Road in reference to an aggravated robbery. They say a lone black male entered the business and produced a large black revolver with wood grips and demanded money from the clerk.
According to Pearland police, the suspect went around the counter and forced the clerk to open the cash drawer. As the suspect removed the cash, the clerk ran back and locked herself in a storeroom. The suspect made off with approximately $400 in cash.
As the suspect was leaving, he jumped over the counter and the handgun discharged, shooting out the glass in the front entry doors of the lobby. The clerk was shaken up but not hurt.
It is not known if the suspect had a vehicle parked in the area or not. The suspect was described as a black male approximately 5 foot 8 with short hair, possibly in his mid- to late 20s.
The victim advised it appeared that he had not shaved in a couple of days. The victim also advised that the suspect was very calm and spoke in a low mumbling voice.
Anyone with information on the suspect's identity is asked to contact either Brazoria County Crime Stoppers at 1-800-460-2222 or Pearland Police Detective Newsome at 281-997-4147.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- American Meb Keflizighi wins Boston Marathon 3 min ago
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed while looking for car keys 43 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos