Steel pipe plant expected to create 250 new jobs in Baytown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A steel pipe plant is expected to create 250 new jobs in Baytown.
Governor Rick Perry says Borusan Mannesmann Pipe, a Turkish company, is expanding its U.S. operations with a plant in Baytown. The facility will manufacture casings used to secure oil wells and tubing to extract gas and oil from the ground.
The company has not said when construction of the plant will begin.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Will Justin Bieber be at Houston rodeo?