Steel pipe plant expected to create 250 new jobs in Baytown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A steel pipe plant is expected to create 250 new jobs in Baytown.
Governor Rick Perry says Borusan Mannesmann Pipe, a Turkish company, is expanding its U.S. operations with a plant in Baytown. The facility will manufacture casings used to secure oil wells and tubing to extract gas and oil from the ground.
The company has not said when construction of the plant will begin.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Couple accusing neighbor of recording their bedroom
- Bicyclist dies after Montrose-area hit-and-run
- Dr. accused of harassing woman she calls 'whore'
- Your pocket change may be worth hundreds
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 Thursday night
- Man, woman found shot at Pearland-area home
- Company offering big reward for return of stolen truck
- Police searching for armed robbery suspect
- Bledsoe leads Suns to 97-88 win over Rockets
- Dad on trial for infant's beating death
- Woman falls through roof, rescued by firefighters
- Man finds his brother murdered in home
- Child killed by falling tree branch
- HPD: Cop impersonator shot man during struggle