Detectives: Teen finds mother fatally stabbed inside north Harris Co. home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating the murder of a woman whose body was discovered by one of her teenage daughters inside a north Harris County home.
It happened around 3:30pm Tuesday in the 13900 block of Chuckwood near Veterans Memorial.
A 17-year-old girl had just returned from school when she found her mother's body, Harris County detectives said. The mother, identified as 34-year-old Darlishia Watson, had been stabbed to death.
The Harris Co. Sheriff's Office says deputies first believed Watson had been shot to death, but now say after an investigation that she was fatally stabbed.
A family member told Eyewitness News the victim's two other daughters also were at the scene. That family member says the girls saw their mother's car in the driveway but couldn't get into the house, so the 17-year-old broke out a window and entered the house. That's when she discovered her Watson's body.
We're told Watson's other two daughters are 16 and 13 years old.
"I got a text from my niece saying, 'My mama's dead, please come get me.' It's horrifying," Watson's friend Quita Wright said.
"Darlishia was a very loving parent. She loved her kids. She lived for her kids and this is very tragic," Watson's sister Mariah Jones said.
Sheriff's office investigators say the motive is unknown and there is no suspect information at this time. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding the stabbing is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at (713) 967-5810 or call Crime stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 3 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town 39 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 15 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America comes to the aid of suspended student
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians