Detectives: Teen finds mother fatally stabbed inside north Harris Co. home
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The Harris County Sheriff's Office is investigating the murder of a woman whose body was discovered by one of her teenage daughters inside a north Harris County home.
It happened around 3:30pm Tuesday in the 13900 block of Chuckwood near Veterans Memorial.
A 17-year-old girl had just returned from school when she found her mother's body, Harris County detectives said. The mother, identified as 34-year-old Darlishia Watson, had been stabbed to death.
The Harris Co. Sheriff's Office says deputies first believed Watson had been shot to death, but now say after an investigation that she was fatally stabbed.
A family member told Eyewitness News the victim's two other daughters also were at the scene. That family member says the girls saw their mother's car in the driveway but couldn't get into the house, so the 17-year-old broke out a window and entered the house. That's when she discovered her Watson's body.
We're told Watson's other two daughters are 16 and 13 years old.
"I got a text from my niece saying, 'My mama's dead, please come get me.' It's horrifying," Watson's friend Quita Wright said.
"Darlishia was a very loving parent. She loved her kids. She lived for her kids and this is very tragic," Watson's sister Mariah Jones said.
Sheriff's office investigators say the motive is unknown and there is no suspect information at this time. The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding the stabbing is asked to contact the Homicide Unit at (713) 967-5810 or call Crime stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 1 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects