Man accused of sexually assaulting boy, 15, on cruise ship that docked in Galveston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy aboard a cruise ship remains in federal custody Wednesday.
Todd Nordahl, of Arizona, was arrested when the Royal Caribbean cruise Mariner of the Seas, returning from a seven-night sail, docked in Galveston on Sunday. The case arose after a Royal Caribbean security officer contacted the FBI, reporting allegations made by a 15-year-old boy on board while in international waters.
On March 27, Nordahl allegedly provided an alcoholic beverage to the minor victim and purportedly made sexual advances toward him. After a brief period of "cuddling," prosecutors say he then sexually assaulted the boy.
Nordahl, 49, is being held in the Galveston County Jail as the investigation continues.
Royal Caribbean Cruises sent us a statement which read in part, "Royal Caribbean maintains a zero tolerance policy regarding any criminal activity onboard our ships. Any allegation of a crime is treated seriously and reported to law enforcement."
The Mariner of the Seas made port calls to Roatan, Honduras; Belize City, Belize; and Cozumel, Mexico.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million 9 min ago
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston 54 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...