Suspect who goes by nickname 'El Grande' sought in deadly shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police have released a composite sketch of a suspect wanted in the fatal shooting of a man at 301 West Little York about 12:30am on January 16.
The suspect is described only as a Hispanic male in his late 20s, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a slightly heavy build. A composite sketch of the suspect, who goes by the nickname of "El Grande," has been released in the case.
The victim, Felipe Juarez, 34, of Houston, was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital in critical condition. Doctors pronounced him dead on January 21.
Police say Juarez went to an apartment complex to visit some friends. While he was in the parking lot, Juarez and his group were stopped by five unknown male suspects armed with guns. The group was led back up to the apartment where Juarez's friends live. The suspects ransacked and then left the apartment. Juarez left the apartment and, as he walked to the bottom of the stairs, he was shot by one or more suspects. Paramedics were called and transported Juarez to the hospital.
The suspects are described only as three black and two Hispanic males. They were last seen in a black 2000 to 2006 Chevrolet Tahoe.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 28 min ago
- Arctic cold front blows in
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison
- Dr. accused of writing 'whore' on woman's mirror
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Testimony continues in baby death trial
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools
- Fast food workers plan to again protest wages
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Can you say this tongue twister?