Girl, 4, found home alone, hooked up to medical device
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A home alone case in southwest Houston has a mother facing serious charges. Authorities say the mother left a four-year-old girl with a medical condition alone. When the child was discovered, she was hooked up to a breathing machine.
It happened around 1pm at an apartment complex the 9700 block of Court Glen Drive at about 1pm.
The young mother wouldn't look at our camera as she sat in the back of a patrol car. From SkyEye HD, she looked visibly upset as her friend gave deputies an earful. She was separated from her three children and she was going to jail.
"It's none of your business what happened here," she told us.
Our questions were not well-received when we first arrived and the dialogue never got better.
According to the Harris County Precinct 5 Constable's Office, a deputy was serving an eviction notice at Apartment 712 when he discovered a young girl alone in her crib attached to both breathing and feeding machines.
Workers hustled to empty out the apartment, displaying an assortment of medical equipment. The constable's office says the girl was unresponsive when they tried to talk to her. The mother arrived a short time later with another child and said she had gone to the store. The disabled child was taken to the hospital.
Relatives took custody of two other young children, ages 1 and 3, and the protective woman who was with the mother at the scene never gave us a straight answer.
"Are you her sister?" we asked.
"Are you her sister? Exactly," she replied.
The mother has been identified as Latasha Lanette Davison.
CPS is also investigating. A spokesperson tells us the girl was still in the hospital as of Thursday night.
The mother is being held the Harris County Jail on a child endangerment charge.
local, jessica willey
- One dead, two injured in Colorado school shooting 7 min ago
- Woman found dead inside burned out home
- Six UH students reportedly robbed on campus
- Three Webster officers accused of using excessive force
- HPD: Husband dies in attempted murder-suicide
- Volunteers with local relief agency return from Philippines 30 min ago
- Man accused of plotting to detonate bomb at Wichita airport
- Woman who went for smoke outside found dead on porch
- Fugitive Friday: Help find suspect in sexual assault of child
- Swimmer nabs monster lobster with bare hands
- Astronaut may get Christmas wish for spacewalk
- Law enforcement training program suspended
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Sales brisk for tonight's $425M Mega Millions game
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos