Man on trial for wife's beating death drops court-appointed attorney to represent himself
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It was an emotional first day in the trial of a man charged with the brutal murder his estranged wife on Christmas Eve back in 2009.
Jason Bouchard fired his court-appointed attorney Thursday and has chosen to represent himself. Bouchard is accused of setting fire to Terri Sanvicente's home then beating her to death with a crowbar.
Jurors Thursday heard 911 tapes from a babysitter frantically telling the operator about the beating, and that she and Sanvicente's children were trapped inside the burning house.
Bouchard is the father of Sanvicente's three children. He had been kicked out of the house.
Bouchard is charged with capital murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 41 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 17 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 52 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 33 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 31 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 34 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking 40 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- METRO hosting North Line grand opening party
48 min ago
- ISS spacewalk: What are they doing up there?
35 min ago