Alleged abusive mom appears in court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Crystal Jackson is accused of beating her baby so badly that the child's brain is likely permanently damaged.
Jackson stood quietly in front of a judge Friday morning, hearing the charges filed against her. She is accused of critically injuring her son.
Jackson appeared in handcuffs, with her attorney by her side. She is charged with injury to a child.
According to police, Jackson called 911 on March 20, saying that her two-month-old son had fallen off the bed and was acting strange. At the hospital, doctors found the child had broken ribs, a fractured skull and bleeding in the brain.
Jackson was arrested and has been in jail ever since. According to prosecutors, her son suffered a permanent brain injury.
Jackson is being held on $30,000 bond. She was remanded back into custody after her hearing.
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 57 min ago
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home 58 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 45 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale