Police investigate body found at recycling center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police are investigating after a body was found at a recycling center in southwest Houston.
Houston police say the victim was found in a load of trash being sorted shortly after the City of Houston trash transfer facility at 5904 Westpark near Fountainview opened for business Friday morning.
A crane operator conducting the sorting and transfer of trash brought to the facility discovered the body. The only visible injuries to the victim are consistent with him being among trash inside a dumpster emptied and compacted into the garbage truck.
The victim has not been positively identified. He is described as a black male, 55 to 65 years of age, possibly from California, and believed to be a homeless man who frequented the McDonald's restaurant on Main Street in downtown Houston.
Anyone with information on the victim is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 20 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 17 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 48 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 55 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store