Shell Eco-Marathon Americas car-building competition takes over Discovery Green in downtown Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Ready, set, go! More than 1,000 future scientists will gather at Discovery Green in downtown Houston today for the Shell Eco-Marathon Americas.
The annual competition brings together student scientists from all over the U.S., Canada, and Latin America to show off their custom-built vehicles.
This year, seven teams from Houston are competing.
The winning car will be able to drive the farthest using the least amount of energy.
Visitors can also stop by and see the Shell Formula One car. The event begins at 10am.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Know the guy in this surveillance video? 34 min ago
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends 4 min ago
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel named Heisman finalist
- Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
- Toilet of the future changes how you ... sit
- Woman's car hits west Houston fire station
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Mom charged after 4-year-old found in parking lot
- Miley Cyrus is MTV's artist of the year
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
17 min ago