Fatal big rig accident shuts down part of Highway 288 in Pearland
PEARLAND, TX (KTRK) -- A fatal big rig accident has shut down part of Highway 288 in Pearland.
It happened around 7am on Highway 288 just north of McHard.
According to Pearland police, the truck was traveling north when it left the roadway and struck a light pole.
The truck burst into flames, killing the driver, police said.
Highway 288 between McHard and Beltway 8 is closed while crews clear the scene and investigate the crash. Use Cullen or Kirby northbound as alternate routes.
The driver who died has not been identified.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash 40 min ago
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster 3 min ago
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company 1 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 31 min ago
- Students learn science through unique course 23 min ago
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study