One killed, 4 injured in multi-vehicle crash on FM 1960 in northeast Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A deadly crash in northeast Harris County killed one person and sent four others to a hospital. The accident Saturday blocked traffic on a major road near Atascocita.
The accident, which happened around 11am, blocked FM 1960 at Artesian Way for six hours.
Authorities say a speeding pickup truck with three teenagers inside was heading westbound on 1960 when it lost control.
"According to witnesses at the scene, (the driver) veered into the oncoming lanes and struck three other vehicles, hitting one of the vehicles head-on and killing that driver," said Deputy Leo Anders with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
In all, three other vehicles were struck: the one in which the victim, an elderly male, died; a Jeep, which rolled into a ditch, and sent the driver to the hospital in critical condition; and a minivan carrying a mother and child.
The teenage driver of the pickup and one of his passengers were transported by Life Flight to a hospital, and another two were transported via ambulance.
No names have not yet been released.
The Harris County District Attorney's Office is at the scene investigating.
We're told at this point, there's no obvious sign that alcohol may have been a factor in the collision.
local, deborah wrigley
- Helping those left homeless by fire
- Man accused of leaving co-worker naked in ditch
- Cleveland ISD: Girl resisting officer hit with Taser
- 'Hero' bus driver saves girl from dog attack
- Winning Mega Millions jackpot numbers drawn
- Special member of abc13 family passes away
- What's going to be built on Beacon Island?
- You can still save on Christmas gifts
- Police: Ohio infant apparently killed by dogs
- Lululemon founder stepping down after gaffe
- Canada to claim North Pole as their own
- Boy, 6, suspended for kissing girl on hand
- Woman accused of having sex with boy, 14
- Senate and House leaders reach deal on budget agreement
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos