Houston church helps homeless couple tie the knot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A homeless man and woman said "I do" Sunday in front of the church members who made their wedding possible.
Bryan Prejean and Wanda Ware exchanged vows at the downtown campus of Houston's First Baptist Church.
They've known each other for years and grew closer as they tried to get their lives back on track with their church's help while they were both on the street.
"I started talking to him. We started dating. I've known him about seven years," Ware said. "He's really a great guy with a good heart. And he loves God, and that's what I was looking for: a man who loves God."
Church members donated the dress, decorations, food and even paid for the honeymoon.
Ware says she's going to college in June to study case management so she can help others in need.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight 36 min ago
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 10 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising 57 min ago