Houston church helps homeless couple tie the knot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A homeless man and woman said "I do" Sunday in front of the church members who made their wedding possible.
Bryan Prejean and Wanda Ware exchanged vows at the downtown campus of Houston's First Baptist Church.
They've known each other for years and grew closer as they tried to get their lives back on track with their church's help while they were both on the street.
"I started talking to him. We started dating. I've known him about seven years," Ware said. "He's really a great guy with a good heart. And he loves God, and that's what I was looking for: a man who loves God."
Church members donated the dress, decorations, food and even paid for the honeymoon.
Ware says she's going to college in June to study case management so she can help others in need.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 28 min ago
- Smash-and-grab suspects lead police on chase 41 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Video: Why ABC-13 anchors don't wear green on St....
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket 15 min ago
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 11 min ago
- Officer-involved shooting under investigation in SW Houston 27 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight
- Indianapolis Colts owner arrested for DWI 46 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire
- Don't click on those Malaysia Airlines Facebook posts
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products