Man shot, killed inside his garage in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A masked gunman is on the run, accused of gunning down a man inside his home's garage in northwest Harris County.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to a house in the 7300 block of Seton Lake near Old North Bammel Houston just before midnight. Investigators say that's where a man with a mask pulled into the driveway in a silver SUV, walked up to the victim and shot him multiple times. Bernardo Barrera Jr., 21, was pronounced dead at the scene.
The victim's family was inside the home at the time of the shooting. No one inside was injured.
"We have a couple people we're talking to that may have witnessed the shooting and we are trying to obtain info from them," said Felipe Rivera with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
So far, there's no motive in the shooting. The investigation is ongoing and anyone with information are asked to call Houston Crime Stoppers at (713) 222-TIPS (8477) or the Harris County Sheriff's Office Homicide Division at (713) 967-5810.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
local, samica knight
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'