Deputies arrest man in slaying of 83-year-old Highlands man
HIGHLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of an 83-year-old Highlands man.
Randy Allen Segura, 19, was arrested and charged with capital murder Tuesday in the Monday night killing of Otis James in his home in the 100 block of South 4th Street near Avenue C.
James' neighbors discovered him dead when they went to check on him. He was unresponsive, sitting in a chair with multiple gunshot wounds and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if James knew Segura. There were no signs of forced entry and James' truck was missing.
A truck, matching the description of James was later found on the East Freeway near Jacinto Port Boulevard.
Segura is due in court April 11.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston