Deputies arrest man in slaying of 83-year-old Highlands man
HIGHLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of an 83-year-old Highlands man.
Randy Allen Segura, 19, was arrested and charged with capital murder Tuesday in the Monday night killing of Otis James in his home in the 100 block of South 4th Street near Avenue C.
James' neighbors discovered him dead when they went to check on him. He was unresponsive, sitting in a chair with multiple gunshot wounds and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if James knew Segura. There were no signs of forced entry and James' truck was missing.
A truck, matching the description of James was later found on the East Freeway near Jacinto Port Boulevard.
Segura is due in court April 11.
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing 59 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston 18 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- David Tillman's Saturday weather forecast
56 min ago