Deputies arrest man in slaying of 83-year-old Highlands man
HIGHLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of an 83-year-old Highlands man.
Randy Allen Segura, 19, was arrested and charged with capital murder Tuesday in the Monday night killing of Otis James in his home in the 100 block of South 4th Street near Avenue C.
James' neighbors discovered him dead when they went to check on him. He was unresponsive, sitting in a chair with multiple gunshot wounds and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if James knew Segura. There were no signs of forced entry and James' truck was missing.
A truck, matching the description of James was later found on the East Freeway near Jacinto Port Boulevard.
Segura is due in court April 11.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive