Deputies arrest man in slaying of 83-year-old Highlands man
HIGHLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of an 83-year-old Highlands man.
Randy Allen Segura, 19, was arrested and charged with capital murder Tuesday in the Monday night killing of Otis James in his home in the 100 block of South 4th Street near Avenue C.
James' neighbors discovered him dead when they went to check on him. He was unresponsive, sitting in a chair with multiple gunshot wounds and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if James knew Segura. There were no signs of forced entry and James' truck was missing.
A truck, matching the description of James was later found on the East Freeway near Jacinto Port Boulevard.
Segura is due in court April 11.
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 42 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus 34 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos