Deputies arrest man in slaying of 83-year-old Highlands man
HIGHLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- An arrest has been made in the murder investigation of an 83-year-old Highlands man.
Randy Allen Segura, 19, was arrested and charged with capital murder Tuesday in the Monday night killing of Otis James in his home in the 100 block of South 4th Street near Avenue C.
James' neighbors discovered him dead when they went to check on him. He was unresponsive, sitting in a chair with multiple gunshot wounds and pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators are not sure if James knew Segura. There were no signs of forced entry and James' truck was missing.
A truck, matching the description of James was later found on the East Freeway near Jacinto Port Boulevard.
Segura is due in court April 11.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 14 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects