HPD stage car break-in to build awareness about crime that takes only 6 seconds
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are taking a different approach to drive home a very important message about car break-ins.
During a staged break-in Tuesday morning at Memorial Park, it took a man only six seconds to break into a car. Houston police say these robberies happen all over the city -- from malls, to parks and even fitness clubs.
Officers say there are ways you help make your vehicle less of a target no matter where you're parked.
Police say car break-ins can be prevented if people will take the time and extra steps to secure their personal items.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston police department, local
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards 13 min ago
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody 35 min ago
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Chris Brown trial could start as soon as today 50 min ago
- Rescuers rush to reach hundreds in SKorean ferry 20 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 6 killed, 9 missing 57 min ago
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas