HPD stage car break-in to build awareness about crime that takes only 6 seconds
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are taking a different approach to drive home a very important message about car break-ins.
During a staged break-in Tuesday morning at Memorial Park, it took a man only six seconds to break into a car. Houston police say these robberies happen all over the city -- from malls, to parks and even fitness clubs.
Officers say there are ways you help make your vehicle less of a target no matter where you're parked.
Police say car break-ins can be prevented if people will take the time and extra steps to secure their personal items.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
houston police department, local
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 10 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 47 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in 13 min ago
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Mystery illness kills 4 in Montgomery County 35 min ago
- Man victimized in 'knockout game' style attack
- Blind man, dog rescued from NYC subway track
54 min ago