Dispute between neighbors ends in deadly altercation in Pasadena
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- A fight between two men turned violent in a Pasadena driveway Wednesday morning, leaving one man dead, the other hospitalized with multiple stab wounds.
It happened just after 7am in the 2000 block of Leroy near Garner. Investigators spent hours combing over the crime scene in a case that has them baffled.
Pasadena Police Department spokesperson Vance Mitchell said, "Apparently it had been an ongoing feud between these two neighbors."
It is a bizarre story, with one neighbor reportedly angry at the other for habitually driving a motorcycle on his lawn. Police say the rider returned from working a night shift, and was confronted by his angry neighbor. During an argument, police say the rider pulled out a knife and stabbed the neighbor, who, although injured, had enough strength to get the man into a deadly choke hold.
"The man on the motorcycle had stabbed the victim that complained," Mitchell explained. "At that point they got into a scuffle and the person who had been stabbed got into a wrestling match with the man and eventually choked him to death."
Neighbors have a hard time understanding how a fight over grass could end this way.
"It's crazy," said neighbor Carolina Vasquez. "People shouldn't take it that extreme, that way."
Neighbor Darrel White said, "I just don't understand why society is so violent."
"It's very unfortunate that they disputed like that," said neighbor Veronica Aguilar. "We liked them both very much."
Crime scene investigators spent hours photographing the victim,, along with the tire tracks that led up to the fight just a few feet from his dead body.
The man who was stabbed was taken by Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he underwent surgery.
No charges have been filed at this time. The case is expected to be referred to a grand jury who will determine if charges will be brought against the survivor of the fight.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
pasadena, local, katie mccall
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- 2013 College bowl schedule
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues