Cold front moving through Houston area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A strong cold front is moving through the Houston area right now.
Temperatures are dropping at least 20 degrees behind the cold front and winds are gusting up to 30 mph from the northwest.
So far, rainfall with the cold front has been light. Some areas will pick up 1-2 inches of rain.
"The stronger storms are still expected to develop north of the Houston area," says ABC13 Chief Meteorologist Tim Heller. "As we tried to emphasize yesterday, the big story with this cold front would be the temperature drop, not the rainfall."
Heller says temperatures will get even colder tonight, dropping into the low 40s by Thursday morning. Gorgeous spring weather returns on Friday.
- Local post offices open today for holiday rush
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 12 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- No more ice, but cold weather continues
- Houstonians to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Suspect in 3 deaths lets baby go, kills self 20 min ago
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath 33 min ago