Lone Star College stabbing suspect once focus of Texas Equusearch missing persons case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're learning more about the troubled past of a 20-year-old man accused of stabbing 14 people at the Lone Star College-Cy-Fair campus Tuesday.
Dylan Quick was the center of an earlier incident also involving Lone Star College.
According to Texas Equusearch records we obtained, Quick's mother contacted the search and rescue organization to report her son was missing in January 2011. In response to the call for help, a missing person flier was created to find a then 18-year-old Quick.
His mother says she was concerned after getting a text message in which Quick said he was "depressed and wants to commit suicide."
According to these Equusearch Records, the text message read, "If I continue to live at your house, I would probably commit suicide."
That same day he quit his job at a store in Memorial City Mall. Witnesses who later saw him walking, reported he had a strange look on his face. Equusearch dropped the case after Quick later texted his mother saying he was OK.
But here's where the story get's weird.
Quick was found the next day at Lone Star College's Cypress campus. He'd been sleeping inside a building until security kicked him out. But according to the records, a security officer then gave him food, clothing and a tent so Quick could sleep outside on the campus grounds.
Once he was found, Quick's mother told Equusearch that her son had a psychological breakdown and she was trying to find him some mental help.
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston 1 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls 38 min ago
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage 46 min ago
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight 12 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
56 min ago
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
37 min ago