Lone Star College stabbing suspect once focus of Texas Equusearch missing persons case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We're learning more about the troubled past of a 20-year-old man accused of stabbing 14 people at the Lone Star College-Cy-Fair campus Tuesday.
Dylan Quick was the center of an earlier incident also involving Lone Star College.
According to Texas Equusearch records we obtained, Quick's mother contacted the search and rescue organization to report her son was missing in January 2011. In response to the call for help, a missing person flier was created to find a then 18-year-old Quick.
His mother says she was concerned after getting a text message in which Quick said he was "depressed and wants to commit suicide."
According to these Equusearch Records, the text message read, "If I continue to live at your house, I would probably commit suicide."
That same day he quit his job at a store in Memorial City Mall. Witnesses who later saw him walking, reported he had a strange look on his face. Equusearch dropped the case after Quick later texted his mother saying he was OK.
But here's where the story get's weird.
Quick was found the next day at Lone Star College's Cypress campus. He'd been sleeping inside a building until security kicked him out. But according to the records, a security officer then gave him food, clothing and a tent so Quick could sleep outside on the campus grounds.
Once he was found, Quick's mother told Equusearch that her son had a psychological breakdown and she was trying to find him some mental help.
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 53 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 6 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 4 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 9 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged