UH Cougars signee accused of having sex with 14-year-old
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Louisiana teen who signed to play football with the Houston Cougars is being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
Deondre Demarcus Skinner, 19, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a charge of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Detectives say Skinner allegedly had sex with the young girl several times at a home in Patterson, Louisiana.
Skinner signed with the University of Houston in February.
In a statement issued to Eyewitness News, David Bassity, Assistant Athletic Director for Communications at the University of Houston, said:
"We are aware of the situation and are currently gathering details. The University of Houston Department of Athletics takes these allegations very seriously and would never condone acts like these if true. Until we are able to gather more information we will offer no further comment."
Skinner was released on a $5,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 6 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, 3 dead
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies
- WWII vets help mark 100th anniversary of Battleship Texas
- River Oaks-area residents fighting to stop office building