UH Cougars signee accused of having sex with 14-year-old
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Louisiana teen who signed to play football with the Houston Cougars is being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
Deondre Demarcus Skinner, 19, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a charge of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Detectives say Skinner allegedly had sex with the young girl several times at a home in Patterson, Louisiana.
Skinner signed with the University of Houston in February.
In a statement issued to Eyewitness News, David Bassity, Assistant Athletic Director for Communications at the University of Houston, said:
"We are aware of the situation and are currently gathering details. The University of Houston Department of Athletics takes these allegations very seriously and would never condone acts like these if true. Until we are able to gather more information we will offer no further comment."
Skinner was released on a $5,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 20 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 18 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290