UH Cougars signee accused of having sex with 14-year-old
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Louisiana teen who signed to play football with the Houston Cougars is being accused of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old girl.
Deondre Demarcus Skinner, 19, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on a charge of felony carnal knowledge of a juvenile.
Detectives say Skinner allegedly had sex with the young girl several times at a home in Patterson, Louisiana.
Skinner signed with the University of Houston in February.
In a statement issued to Eyewitness News, David Bassity, Assistant Athletic Director for Communications at the University of Houston, said:
"We are aware of the situation and are currently gathering details. The University of Houston Department of Athletics takes these allegations very seriously and would never condone acts like these if true. Until we are able to gather more information we will offer no further comment."
Skinner was released on a $5,000 bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Beautiful lights for a good cause
12 min ago