Wrong-way wreck kills innocent driver on Eastex Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities were on the scene of a fatal accident on the Eastex Freeway near the George R. Brown Convention Center for several hours Thursday morning.
The accident happened at about 5:30am on Highway 59 at Jackson. Police say a woman driving a black GMC pickup southbound on the main lanes of the Eastex Freeway was struck by a black Infiniti traveling the wrong way -- northbound on the southbound lanes of the freeway. A third vehicle, a gray Ford Taurus, then struck the victim's truck.
Two males inside the Taurus were transported to St. Joseph Medical Center with minor injuries and the female driver of the Infiniti was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital with life-threatening injuries in critical condition. The woman driving the pickup died at the scene.
The victim's identity has not been released.
The investigation is continuing. There's no word of any charges at this time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County