Wrong-way wreck kills innocent driver on Eastex Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities were on the scene of a fatal accident on the Eastex Freeway near the George R. Brown Convention Center for several hours Thursday morning.
The accident happened at about 5:30am on Highway 59 at Jackson. Police say a woman driving a black GMC pickup southbound on the main lanes of the Eastex Freeway was struck by a black Infiniti traveling the wrong way -- northbound on the southbound lanes of the freeway. A third vehicle, a gray Ford Taurus, then struck the victim's truck.
Two males inside the Taurus were transported to St. Joseph Medical Center with minor injuries and the female driver of the Infiniti was transported to Ben Taub General Hospital with life-threatening injuries in critical condition. The woman driving the pickup died at the scene.
The victim's identity has not been released.
The investigation is continuing. There's no word of any charges at this time.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash 24 min ago
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus 16 min ago
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos