Fort Bend ISD hires Charles Dupre as superintendent
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Fort Bend ISD has a new superintendent.
School board members on Thursday unanimously approved former Pflugerville ISD Superintendent Charles Dupre as the district's new leader. Dupre will officially assume his duties on April 29.
"On behalf of the entire Board of Trustees, I want to thank everyone in our community for their patience while we conducted our thorough search. We are delighted that Charles is returning to our school district and strongly believe we have made the right choice in asking him to serve as our next superintendent," said Jim Rice, Fort Bend ISD Board President.
Dupre was selected as the lone finalist for the superintendent position last month.
Dupre was associate superintendent at Fort Bend ISD had been superintendent until he left in 2006 to become deputy superintendant at Pflugerville ISD. He was named Region 13 Superintendent of the Year in 2012, and was recognized by the Texas Association of School Boards (TASB) as one of the top five finalists for Texas Superintendent of the Year.
Dupre and his wife, Seeju, are the parents of two sons and a grandson.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 2 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 38 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers 20 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin