Man found shot in SE Houston street
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Neighbors in southeast Houston woke up hearing shots last night and discovered a man with gunshot wounds to his head.
Officers found the victim lying in the street on Safeguard near Holloway next to a vehicle. He had been shot three times, twice in the head.
Detectives say the shooting happened just before midnight. Neighbors heard gunshots and called 911. Paramedics arrived, found the man was still alive, lying in the street in front of his grandmother's house. He was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital in critical condition.
As for suspects, police are looking for a white sedan that was seen circling the neighborhood shortly before the shooting.
"The suspect vehicle was noted to have made the loop here prior to coming down Safeguard and approaching the male, and subsequently, shots ringing out from that vehicle," said Det. Brian Evans with HPD.
Detectives don't know how many suspects they're looking for at this point and don't have a motive for the shooting. They're asking anyone with information about what happened to call police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 59 min ago
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet 11 min ago
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
- Friends prank guy into thinking he's been...
35 min ago