Man found shot in SE Houston street
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Neighbors in southeast Houston woke up hearing shots last night and discovered a man with gunshot wounds to his head.
Officers found the victim lying in the street on Safeguard near Holloway next to a vehicle. He had been shot three times, twice in the head.
Detectives say the shooting happened just before midnight. Neighbors heard gunshots and called 911. Paramedics arrived, found the man was still alive, lying in the street in front of his grandmother's house. He was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital in critical condition.
As for suspects, police are looking for a white sedan that was seen circling the neighborhood shortly before the shooting.
"The suspect vehicle was noted to have made the loop here prior to coming down Safeguard and approaching the male, and subsequently, shots ringing out from that vehicle," said Det. Brian Evans with HPD.
Detectives don't know how many suspects they're looking for at this point and don't have a motive for the shooting. They're asking anyone with information about what happened to call police.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two dead in apparent murder-suicide in Pasadena 54 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 49 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight
- Dying child receives experimental drug
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon