Professor facing charges after allegedly telling boss there will be blood if he didn't receive tenure
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A local professor is facing charges after allegedly telling his boss there will be blood if he did not receive tenure.
Sharon White says Lei Wu asked to speak with her about a work matter at the University of Houston-Clear Lake earlier this week. She says there had been problems with Wu in the past and she decided to tape the conversation.
Wu told her he wanted tenure. White says he went on to say "it will be bad for either" and "both will be blood". White says she believed Wu was threatening her and the tenure board if he did not receive the promotion.
Wu is charged with making a terroristic threat.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 57 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida 20 min ago
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to...
- David Tillman's weather forecast
52 min ago