Driver killed in accident involving school bus in Richmond area
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A crash involving a car and a school bus left a driver dead and students badly shaken up this morning in the Richmond area.
The driver of a green VW Beetle was killed and now investigators are working to retrace what led up to the deadly crash. The driver reportedly left the road, overcorrected and slammed into the Lamar Consolidated ISD school bus in the 4400 block of FM 723 near Foster High School. Five kids were on the bus.
According to DPS, the bus was traveling west when it collided with the car so violently, the car came to rest facing the other way. The driver is believed to have been killed instantly.
We're told a couple of kids on the bus suffered some bumps and bruises.
"We transported two children and one bus driver for minor injuries as a precautionary measure. The other three children were taken to their schools," said a DPS Trooper.
The medical examiner has removed the body of the car's driver. Police are still working to identify the victim.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 11 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Dead leopard, other swag snagged at mansion party 10 min ago
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Interpreter for Mandela event: I was hallucinating 9 min ago
- Girl's mom applauds suspension of kissing 6-year-old
- Masked men with guns smash into jewelry store
- Von Trapps' Vt. lodge taps interest in new musical 48 min ago