Three men escape burning shrimp boat in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX -- Three people have escaped from a shrimp boat that caught fire in the Gulf of Mexico just off Galveston.
The Coast Guard says no one was hurt when the blaze broke out Friday morning. Another fishing boat nearby picked up the three men.
Petty Officer Andy Kendrick says a Coast Guard cutter and response boat were quickly at the scene about a half-mile offshore between Galveston and Port Bolivar and not far from the Coast Guard station at the east end of the island.
Cause of the fire isn't immediately known.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green