Three men escape burning shrimp boat in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX -- Three people have escaped from a shrimp boat that caught fire in the Gulf of Mexico just off Galveston.
The Coast Guard says no one was hurt when the blaze broke out Friday morning. Another fishing boat nearby picked up the three men.
Petty Officer Andy Kendrick says a Coast Guard cutter and response boat were quickly at the scene about a half-mile offshore between Galveston and Port Bolivar and not far from the Coast Guard station at the east end of the island.
Cause of the fire isn't immediately known.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Winter Weather advisory for several local counties
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished Sunday
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas
- Rice wins C-USA title with 41-24 win over Marshall
- HFD captain receives award for courage
- Teacher says he was fired because he's gay
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Drivers stuck on icy I-35 as cold blast hits Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea