Three men escape burning shrimp boat in Galveston
GALVESTON, TX -- Three people have escaped from a shrimp boat that caught fire in the Gulf of Mexico just off Galveston.
The Coast Guard says no one was hurt when the blaze broke out Friday morning. Another fishing boat nearby picked up the three men.
Petty Officer Andy Kendrick says a Coast Guard cutter and response boat were quickly at the scene about a half-mile offshore between Galveston and Port Bolivar and not far from the Coast Guard station at the east end of the island.
Cause of the fire isn't immediately known.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Jimmy Kimmel ready to film show in Austin 53 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Photos: Ladies' Night Out at RodeoHouston
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale