Woman dies after being struck by hit-and-run driver in Midtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman was hit and killed by a car while leaving a bar in Midtown overnight.
Police say the 46-year-old woman was part of a group leaving a club near the Spec's on McGowen around 1:45am.
"A white SUV, possibly a Toyota FJ cruiser, struck her as she was about to enter this parked vehicle," said Officer Javier Tapia with the Houston Police Department.
Police say the driver left the victim on the street. She was taken to the hospital with a massive neck injury. She was later pronounced dead.
Authorities say they do have some leads on who the driver is. That driver could be charged with failure to stop and render aid.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 8 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038 47 min ago
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Suspected drunk driver in Atascocita fatal crash due in court 44 min ago