Woman dies after being struck by hit-and-run driver in Midtown
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman was hit and killed by a car while leaving a bar in Midtown overnight.
Police say the 46-year-old woman was part of a group leaving a club near the Spec's on McGowen around 1:45am.
"A white SUV, possibly a Toyota FJ cruiser, struck her as she was about to enter this parked vehicle," said Officer Javier Tapia with the Houston Police Department.
Police say the driver left the victim on the street. She was taken to the hospital with a massive neck injury. She was later pronounced dead.
Authorities say they do have some leads on who the driver is. That driver could be charged with failure to stop and render aid.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- SW Houston family loses puppy in overnight fire
- Boy, 10, dies after being trapped in snowbank
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Three Webster officers go before judge today