Runners gather to honor victims of Boston bombings
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Runners across the country are gathering to run in honor of the victims of the Boston bombings.
Here in Houston, runners met at Memorial Park last night for a tribute, a three-mile lap. The run was organized by Team Red White and Blue.
One member of the team has a message for whoever did the bombings.
"We've basically decided that there's not going to be any punk terrorist tell us that were not going to run," said runner Robert Mason. "We're gonna be out here. We're gonna run and we're gonna do what we're gonna do. You're not gonna stop us. You can play your little coward tricks all you want, but here we are."
The same group is planning another run to honor the victims. That run will take place this weekend in Kingwood.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, local
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 28 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case