Local student from Katy among those injured in Boston Marathon bombings
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned one of those injured in the Boston Marathon bombings is a local elementary student.
The boy is a kindergarten student at Cimarron Elementary School in Katy ISD. He has not been identified. According to a letter from the principal sent home to Cimarron parents, one of the students was injured while watching the race.
We're told his injuries were not life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.
The message also reminded worried moms and dads to talk to their kids, who might be worried about their classmates.
"I was surprised someone so close to home that was there. I was concerned about her thinking, 'Oh my gosh, I wonder if it's one of her classmates,'" concerned parent Kimberly Bouchard said.
Meanwhile, in Medford, Massachusetts, a vigil was held Wednesday night to remember the life of 29-year-old Krystle Campbell.
Hundreds gathered Tuesday night to honor the youngest of those killed: 8-year-old Martin Richard.
And on the campus of Boston University, students were mourning over Lingzi Lu, 23, who lost her life in the bombings.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, local
- Former Houstonian in iconic WWII photo dies 11 min ago
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael' 39 min ago
- Judge bans gang members from East Aldine Safety Zone
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's Friday fugitives?
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!