Local student from Katy among those injured in Boston Marathon bombings
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned one of those injured in the Boston Marathon bombings is a local elementary student.
The boy is a kindergarten student at Cimarron Elementary School in Katy ISD. He has not been identified. According to a letter from the principal sent home to Cimarron parents, one of the students was injured while watching the race.
We're told his injuries were not life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.
The message also reminded worried moms and dads to talk to their kids, who might be worried about their classmates.
"I was surprised someone so close to home that was there. I was concerned about her thinking, 'Oh my gosh, I wonder if it's one of her classmates,'" concerned parent Kimberly Bouchard said.
Meanwhile, in Medford, Massachusetts, a vigil was held Wednesday night to remember the life of 29-year-old Krystle Campbell.
Hundreds gathered Tuesday night to honor the youngest of those killed: 8-year-old Martin Richard.
And on the campus of Boston University, students were mourning over Lingzi Lu, 23, who lost her life in the bombings.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, local
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas 10 min ago
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced 3 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
- 5 plead guilty after immigrant stash house discovery
- Runoff to determine new Montgomery County judge 55 min ago
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
24 min ago
8 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos