Local student from Katy among those injured in Boston Marathon bombings
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned one of those injured in the Boston Marathon bombings is a local elementary student.
The boy is a kindergarten student at Cimarron Elementary School in Katy ISD. He has not been identified. According to a letter from the principal sent home to Cimarron parents, one of the students was injured while watching the race.
We're told his injuries were not life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.
The message also reminded worried moms and dads to talk to their kids, who might be worried about their classmates.
"I was surprised someone so close to home that was there. I was concerned about her thinking, 'Oh my gosh, I wonder if it's one of her classmates,'" concerned parent Kimberly Bouchard said.
Meanwhile, in Medford, Massachusetts, a vigil was held Wednesday night to remember the life of 29-year-old Krystle Campbell.
Hundreds gathered Tuesday night to honor the youngest of those killed: 8-year-old Martin Richard.
And on the campus of Boston University, students were mourning over Lingzi Lu, 23, who lost her life in the bombings.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 15 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 2 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first