Local student from Katy among those injured in Boston Marathon bombings
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned one of those injured in the Boston Marathon bombings is a local elementary student.
The boy is a kindergarten student at Cimarron Elementary School in Katy ISD. He has not been identified. According to a letter from the principal sent home to Cimarron parents, one of the students was injured while watching the race.
We're told his injuries were not life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.
The message also reminded worried moms and dads to talk to their kids, who might be worried about their classmates.
"I was surprised someone so close to home that was there. I was concerned about her thinking, 'Oh my gosh, I wonder if it's one of her classmates,'" concerned parent Kimberly Bouchard said.
Meanwhile, in Medford, Massachusetts, a vigil was held Wednesday night to remember the life of 29-year-old Krystle Campbell.
Hundreds gathered Tuesday night to honor the youngest of those killed: 8-year-old Martin Richard.
And on the campus of Boston University, students were mourning over Lingzi Lu, 23, who lost her life in the bombings.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, local
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk 32 min ago
- Severe weather clears Houston 49 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud 13 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting 16 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife 25 min ago
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?