Local student from Katy among those injured in Boston Marathon bombings
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Eyewitness News has learned one of those injured in the Boston Marathon bombings is a local elementary student.
The boy is a kindergarten student at Cimarron Elementary School in Katy ISD. He has not been identified. According to a letter from the principal sent home to Cimarron parents, one of the students was injured while watching the race.
We're told his injuries were not life-threatening and he is expected to make a full recovery.
The message also reminded worried moms and dads to talk to their kids, who might be worried about their classmates.
"I was surprised someone so close to home that was there. I was concerned about her thinking, 'Oh my gosh, I wonder if it's one of her classmates,'" concerned parent Kimberly Bouchard said.
Meanwhile, in Medford, Massachusetts, a vigil was held Wednesday night to remember the life of 29-year-old Krystle Campbell.
Hundreds gathered Tuesday night to honor the youngest of those killed: 8-year-old Martin Richard.
And on the campus of Boston University, students were mourning over Lingzi Lu, 23, who lost her life in the bombings.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest on this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry devices
boston marathon explosions, local
- New details in case of women found dead by dumpster 7 min ago
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou 45 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshall: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana 22 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California 29 min ago
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game 38 min ago
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Mark Kelly, twin brother enlisted for NASA study
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store